Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings
We are the core securities business of the world's leading financial group, MUFG.
"Be the world's most trusted financial group"
1. One Group, One Mission
To be a foundation of strength, committed to meeting the needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
2. MUFG Strengths and Advantages
- Total assets
- $2.4 trillion (as of March 31, 2015)
- Global network
- About 50 countries
- 350 years of history
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1,200 bases in about 50 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. The Group’s operating companies include MUFG Bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms.
Through close partnerships among our operating companies, the Group aims to “be the world’s most trusted financial group”, flexibly responding to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges.
3. Our Strengths and Advantages
In Japan, where we are based, we undertake securities operations mainly through Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities, a joint venture between MUFG and Morgan Stanley.
We have strengthened our consulting business by expanding the size of branches, and leveraged the global reach of Morgan Stanley to enhance the product lineup in order to satisfy a wide range of clients from individual and corporate clients to investors. We have also build record of achievements through our involvement in numerous major transaction and global deals such as M&A and equity and bond underwriting.
Our international business is conducted by our principle international operations, MUFG Securities EMEA plc, MUFG Securities Americas Inc., MUFG Securities Asia Limited, and MUFG Securities Asia (Singapore) Limited, under a global matrix management framework collaborating with one another. We also provide comprehensive securities services that can meet various needs through proactive cooperation with MUFG companies.
5 key business lines
1Professionals with advanced expertise
2MUFG's global network
3Sophisticated infrastructure capable of delivering high quality service
1. Our Vision
As a part of the world's most trusted financial group.
- Work together to exceed the expectations of our customers
- Provide reliable and constant support to our customers
- Expand and strengthen our global presence
- Inspire the trust of shareholders by enhancing corporate value
2. Mid Term Business Plan (2015 - 2017)
The main theme for our Mid-Term Business Plan is " Evolution and Transformation for the sustainable growth of the Group". We aspire to become our clients' first choice both domestically and internationally through our creditworthiness and provision of high quality services and solutions on a global basis.
MUSHD and its international operations will play a key role in helping MUFG meet its mission to be a foundation of strength, committed to meeting the needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world, by meeting the diverse needs of our clients "through top-level solution", while remaining unsurpassed in terms of trust, innovation and growth.
5 Strategic Initiatives
- Promote the growth of $520bn in MUFG Group Assets Under Management
- Differentiate from competitors through further deepening collaboration with Morgan Stanley in Japan
- Provide a global securities platform and promote the Investor business through further collaboration between MUFG Bank and our international subsidiaries
- Implement a unified Sales&Trading operation across MUFG Bank and our international subsidiaries
- Strengthen the management platforms which support the strategy of business units
Role of our International Operations
Our international operations are an indispensable part of MUFG's international growth as a debt-house partnering with MUFG Bank in promoting "originate to distribute" and cross selling.
- Origination: Further expand debt capital markets business
- Structuring & Distribution: Strengthen our debt capital markets business
- Cross-selling and Solutions: Collaborate with MUFG Bank to cross sell and provide solutions to our clients
- Unified S&T operation in MUFG Bank and our international subsidiaries: Integrate the Sales & Trading function with MUFG Bank to strengthen investor-driven business and promote efficiency
3. For a Sustainable Society
We are engaged in diverse activities with the aim of advancing in harmony with society.
Quality Improvement from Customer Perspective
Giving Back to Communities
Commitment to Environment/Social Sustainability
1. Integrity and Responsibility
2. Professionalism and Teamwork
3. Challenge Ourselves to Grow